Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving Lessons from the Pandemic

Happy Thanksgiving! 

While I usually restrict my posts to Narnia and C.S. Lewis related thoughts, I wanted to share with everyone the main text of the class I gave this morning. Here is a link to the sermon given by Rev. de Sola of the (Spanish and Portuguese) Bevis Marks Synagogue in London on November 15, 1849. That was the day of Thanksgiving declared by Queen Victoria to thank God for abatement of the cholera epidemic which ravaged England in 1848-1849.

I found this sermon particularly profound and urge everyone to study it this Thanksgiving.  

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Aslan Choose Only the Pevensies?

Our last post ended with a couple of questions attempting to understand the connection between Aslan and Jesus. Specifically, if Aslan's...