Monday, January 17, 2022

Torah from Narnia on the (Virtual) Road

I recently received invitations to be on two wonderful podcasts which may be of interest to everyone: 

First, I would like to thank R' Drew Kaplan for having me on his Jewish Drinking Podcast. R' Drew's podcast explores Jewish halakhic, historic, and theological issues surrounding wines and spirits with an impressive array of guests. R' Drew and I spoke about an article I wrote for Tradition a few years back entitled, "Grape Juice: the Solution to Prohibition" (found here). The podcast will likely go live sometime in May or June. 

Second, I'm looking forward to speaking with David Bates from Pints with Jack. David, with his co-hosts Matt Bush and Andrew Lazo, do an amazing job exploring and analyzing the works of C.S. Lewis, especially in bringing the theological to the practical. I've been listening to a number of their episodes and will likely make some comments soon. Unfortunately, they don't spend much time on the Chronicles of Narnia, but maybe they can be convinced to go "further up and further in." David also does a great job finding insightful guests and I'll be part of their "Ecumenical Lewis" series in April. I don't think they've had too many Jewish guests in the past so hopefully this will be enlightening for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Aslan Choose Only the Pevensies?

Our last post ended with a couple of questions attempting to understand the connection between Aslan and Jesus. Specifically, if Aslan's...