Monday, August 5, 2024

Pre-Tisha b'Av

Apologies for my complete lack of updating. My only excuse is I've been working to write up some thoughts that I've had on kinnos. For those not familiar, we are approaching the 9th (tisha) day of the Hebrew month of Av which is a National Day of Mourning for the tragedies that have occurred to the Jewish people throughout its history. On that day, along with fasting and acting as mourners, we recite what are called kinnos, elegies recalling the various tragedies. For anyone who's interested, I talk about some of them here: Tisha b'Av Kinnos - YouTube and my time over the past few weeks has been to elaborate and write down some of these ideas.

Anyway, that was a pretty long excuse, but I'll be back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aslan's Table

"Why is it called Aslan's table?" asked Lucy presently. "It is set here by his bidding," said the girl, "for th...